Thai cashew stir-fry – better than take-out!
3 Tbs vegtable oil
1 Package extra firm tofu, cubed
2 cloves garlic
2 Tbs fresh ginger, minced
2 Tbs thai Chili sauce
9 Tbs Braggs amino acid (or soy sauce)
3 Tbs brown sugar
1 red pepper, cut into strips
1 green pepper, cut into strips
5 scallions or 1 onion
½ Cup cashews
Optional: fresh basil
- In a small bowl, mix together: Braggs, brown sugar and chili sauce
- Heat part of the oil in non stick frying pan. Pan fry cubed tofu until crispy
- Heat the rest of the oil in a large skillet or wok.
- Add garlic & ginger and cook for a minute or two
- Add vegetables and stir fry for just a couple of minutes
- Add Braggs mixture to vegetables and cook for another 5 minutes or until peppers are softened
- Add Tofu, cashews, pineapple & basil and mix.
- Serve over rice.
Most Thai food restaurants use fish oil and/or fish broth in their stir-frys. This recipe is VEGAN and just as tasty!