Posts Tagged ‘quick’
1 can Cannellini beans (white beans)
Spices to taste: salt, pepper, crushed red pepper
– Cook Pasta
– While pasta is cooking, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil with spices (add spinach if using frozen- wait if it’s fresh)
– Once onions are soft, add beans and spinach (if fresh)
– Mix in pasta once cooked… mix well adding some more olive oil and salt & pepper if needed.
– Mix in fresh tomatoes (optional)
Curried Spinach & Chick Peas (quick & easy)
olive oil, enough to cook with
½ medium onion, diced
1 large garlic clove, minced
Spinach, Fresh (or frozen)
1 Can organic garbanzo beans (chick peas)
½ tsp cumin
1 tsp curry powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 tsp Sugar in the raw
– Cook onions & garlic in olive oil and all seasonings in a large sauté pan until onions begin to soften
– Add chick peas
– Slowly add fresh spinach just until wilted
– Serve over rice.
Spicy Green beans & Tofu
Quick & easy!
1 package Tofu, cubed
Green Beans, Fresh or frozen
1 Tb Oil, vegetable or olive
½ tsp garlic
1 tsp ginger
½ tsp sugar
3-4 Tb Braggs or soy sauce
¼ – ½ tsp Crushed pepper
– In a frying pan, cook tofu & spices in the oil.
– When tofu is browned, add green beans and braggs
– Cook until green beans are cook to your liking
– Serve over rice!
( I leave the crushed pepper to last so I can pull some out without spice for my toddler)