VEGAN TREATS Easter Basket Review
I ordered “The Ultimate Lucky Bunny” basket from http://vegantreats.com/shop/.
*I was not paid or given free product for my review.
WOW! These were some of the tastiest Easter Chocolates that I have ever encountered… and believe me when I say that I scour the internet and health food stores for delicious Vegan Chocolate.
I received the box only days after ordering, and for the sake of being able to review them before Easter I HAD to dig right in. Not only were these chocolates some of the tastiest that I’ve had, they were also BEAUTIFUL! Each piece looked like a masterpiece filled with deliciousness!
As stated on the Vegan Treats description the basket includes:
- 1 bunny buddy box containing two betterfinger bars – I never thought I would get to taste these again – they were spot on!
- 1 pack of twin caramel cookie bars – these “twix” imitations were delicious, but I would have loved the caramel to be a bit creamer
- 1 pack of twin peanut butter cookie bars – Yum.
- 1 foil-wrapped chocolate egg filled with handmade coconut cream encased in our Swiss dark chocolate – One of my FAVORITES. These were so good, I could have eaten 50 of them!!! Seriously – how do I get more???
- 1 foil-wrapped chocolate egg filled with peanut butter cream encased in our Swiss dark chocolate – Yum
- 1 white chocolate bunny pop – this is the first vegan white chocolate that was really tasty – most of the “white chocolate” I’ve tried previously have had more of a waxy feel. These were amazing and reminded me of the White chocolate I had as a child.
- 1 swiss chocolate bunny pop – Yum.
- 1 carrot bag filled with eight handmade milk chocolate eggs – Yum.
- 1 pink box containing two chocolate speculoos bunnies – Oh My Gosh – I was not expecting the burst of delicious flavor and addictive taste of these. I’ve never tasted speculoos before – and apparently I’ve been missing out. One of my FAVORITES!
- 1 bag of five swiss chocolate and five white chocolate bunnies – Yum.
- 1 bag of six passion fruit swiss chocolates – These were so beautifully decorated that I was hesitant to eat them. These were very good, even though I’m not really a fan of fruit flavors with chocolate.
- 1 bag of four veganbury eggs – One of my FAVORITES… these lived up to all my hopes and dreams of a vegan cream egg. Well done!!! (see comparison below)
I also had to compare the two different types of vegan cream eggs…
The left one is from Premium Chocolatiers and is good. They use a sweeter chocolate that is more like milk chocolate, but as you can see the cream is my smaller and harder. The Vegan Treats version oozed out and reminded me exactly of the Cadbury version I had as a kid. The chocolate is darker and more of a shell. It. Was. Amazing.!!!!!
Now for the cons. The web site does not offer individual items for sale. I would LOVE to pick and choose which chocolates and how many I want. I assure you that I would have doubled (or tripled) up on some of these if given the chance. So PLEASE Vegan Treats… for those of us that don’t live within driving distance… offer more of your goodies online!!!! I promise you will have a loyal following
Not sure how I’ve missed this one… but I will be ordering to review ASAP!!!!
How awesome does this sound:
Included in every box:
- 1 bunny buddy box containing two betterfinger bars
- 1 pack of twin caramel cookie bars
- 1 pack of twin peanut butter cookie bars
- 1 foil-wrapped chocolate egg filled with handmade coconut cream encased in our Swiss dark chocolate
- 1 foil-wrapped chocolate egg filled with peanut butter cream encased in our Swiss dark chocolate
- 1 white chocolate bunny pop
- 1 swiss chocolate bunny pop
- 1 carrot bag filled with eight handmade milk chocolate eggs
- 1 pink box containing two chocolate speculoos bunnies
- 1 bag of five swiss chocolate and five white chocolate bunnies
- 1 bag of six passion fruit swiss chocolates
- 1 bag of four veganbury eggs
Some of the best Easter treats are also Vegan! For so many years, if you chose to be Vegan it meant “going without” certain things and traditions…. but now… almost everything has a vegan version!!! (not to be confused with “healthy” but most certainly “yummy”)
Some of my favorites:
- Premium chocolate:
offers a wide variety of Easter treats that you can’t live without.
Like the vegan version of Cadbury cream eggs:
Chocolate (and white chocolate- I know vegan white chocolate!) bunny pops !!!
Offers some delicious solid bunnies –
and while there you should also order Chocolate Brownie Cookie Sandwich with Vanilla Filling just because they are awesome!
is always a great place to stalk up on vegan treats:
Vegan “peeps” & Vegan chocolate covered marshmallow bunnies – straight from your childhood!!
- Sjaak’s :
always has some yummy vegan treats.. and special ones for Easter
like the pb crunch egg:
Caramel filled chocolate eggs:
And some solid chocolate eggs
- Rose City Chocolatier
If you like hazelnut truffles (or pb filled easter eggs)… these are the perfect ones for you!
- The Natural Candy Store: http://www.naturalcandystore.com/category/vegan-candy
Offers a variety of chocolate and other candy Easter treats.
½ Cup Earth Balance butter – softened
¾ Cup brown sugar
½ Cup maple syrup
2 Tbs ground flax + 6 Tbs water
1 tsp vanilla
1 ½ Cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
Dash of salt
3 Cups of Oats
½ Cup Chocolate Chips
½ Cup Nuts (I used hazelnuts)
Heat oven to 350.
Mix all ingredients except oats and optional stuff
When well mixed, add in oats & other toppings
Bake for 10 mins
1/4 C peanut butter
1 Tbs braggs or soy sauce
1 Tbs Vegetable oil (I used extra light olive)
1 Tbs rice vinegar
2 Tbs coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
pinch of ginger powder
pinch of cayenne pepper
Mix ingredients together and slowly add hot water until it is the consistency that you want for dressing.
This is amazing over salad or pasta, couscous, rice… the possibilities are endless!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp vegan margarine (Used earth balance)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp cold water
Mix & Put in fridge for 30 mins before making crust.
vegan gravy (I used a packet that you add water to)
optional: vegan “chicken” – I like Life Light
– Simmer in gravy (covered) until potatoes are soft.
* Fill pie crust with filling and top with additional crust – this can be made as one big pie or mini-pies in a cup cake pan.
Sweet Potato Casserole
4 Cup Sweet potatoes, cubed
½ Cup sugar (I used coconut sugar)
2 egg replacer (3 tsp energy & 2 Tbs water)
½ tsp salt
4 Tbs earth balance butter
½ cup non-dairy milk (soy, rice, almond etc.)
½ tsp vanilla extract
½ Cup brown or coconut sugar
1/3 Cup flour
3 Tbs earth balance, soften
½ Cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 325. Boil sweet potatoes in water until soft. Drain and mash with the rest of the ingredients (except topping). Put in baking dish, top with “topping” mix. Bake for 30 mins.